Monday 27 April 2009

Hrmmm ...


Not much to say really. It's been almost 2 years since I last posted some work, which is a pretty sad fact. But, despite this, I'm still hopeful that I'll get some new work up in the next few months. Autumn and Winter seem to have a depressing, secludedness about them that tends to motive me to create more. I guess it makes sense that I'd rather be outside during summer.

Anyway, above is an illustration I created about a month ago. It was for a competition to win an Xbox 360 Arcade Machine. The brief was to create a new character for the newly released Street Fighter 4. I tried to copy the style of the existing artwork created, while not taking a lifetime to illustrate. In the end it took about 2 nights work.

Did I win? Well, I thought I had it in the bag, but I don't even know if it got looked at it, cause some rough sketch created with felt tips took it's place as number one. Such is life.

No comments: