Thursday 17 February 2011

Below.

While I generally hate to explain what I do and why I do it, before too many people begin to question my emotional stability, I feel as though I should give a little insight to the image below.

I very recently came across the book '100 Months' by John Hicklenton. I've never followed any of his work in the past, but instantly I was captured by the dark and disturbing illustrations that feature throughout the novel. I felt they had a strong sense on honesty to them. 

This honesty proved to be true, as 100 Months is Hicklenton's final work. He was battling MS and in the end chose to take his own life rather than have the disease take it for him. Serious stuff.

So anyway, with this still fresh in my mind and an hour or so to kill - I drew the 'The Face'.

No comments: