Tuesday 11 January 2011

Completely different.


While Activision may be creaming it every year with their Call of Duty franchise, in my books the Street Fighter series will always stand strong as some of the best video games ever made.

Sure, I'm not actually very good at many of the Street Fighter games, but to me, the old school fighters will always hold a special place in my heart. The childhood memories of friends talking about invisible throws and super combo finishes are always bought back whenever I see an arcade machine.

As a kid I always thought there would be no greater joy in the world on own a Street Fighter 2 arcade. So it comes as no surprise that, now I'm older, I find myself with a strange urge to live out this dream - over and over again.

I've owned 2 old arcade machines in the past, built numerous custom made joysticks (see earlier post) and built an entire Vewlix cabinet entirely from scratch.

This photo is my latest time waster ...

No comments: